AIA Knowledge Communities are groups of people who share common challenges, opportunities, or a passion for a given topic, and who collaborate to deepen their understanding of that topic through ongoing learning and knowledge sharing. AIA members may join any of the Knowledge Communities and may join as many as they like. KC’s provide access to in-depth information, services, knowledge, and career needs for your particular areas of architectural practice. Online national eNewsletter AIArchitect features news briefs, competition and event updates, and insights on emerging trends in the design profession.
Locally, members have access to a network of colleagues pursuing similar interests, and they can take advantage of the growing knowledge base and support services offered by the National component.
Click here to view detailed objectives and resources for each of the knowledge communities active on a national level. See below for active local communities of interest.
2009 AIA Knowledge Communities
If you don’t see a local community or want to get involved nationally please contact the AIA Mississippi office at (601) 360-0082.
- Academy of Architecture for Health (AAH)
- Academy of Architecture for Justice (AAJ)
- Center for Building Science and Performance (CBSP)
- Committee on Architecture for Education (CAE)
- Committee on Design (COD)
- Committee on the Environment (COTE)
- Committee on Leadership Education (CLE)
- Corporate Architects and Facility Management (CAFM)
- Design for Aging (DFA)
- Design Build (DB)
- Educator/Practitioner Net (EPN)
- Historic Resource Committee (HRC)
- Housing Committee (HC)
- Interfaith Forum on Religion Art Architecture (IFRAA)
- Interior Architecture (IAC)
- International Committee (INTL)
- Integrated Practice (IP)
- Practice Management (PM)
- Regional and Urban Design Committee (RUDC)
- Small Project Practitioners (SPP)
- Technology in Architectural Practice (TAP)
Check back for newly active AIA Mississippi communities of interest in the coming months. AIA Members, Associate AIA and Allied Members are welcome to participate in our local groups.